Rocky Mountain Storm Lacrosse will post information about seasonal camps and clinics for youth boys and girls. RMSLC does not endorse any particular camp. When selecting a camp ask lots of questions:
- what is the coach to player ratio ?
- who and what are the coaches credentials ?
- what is the daily schedule ?
- ask about any safety concerns
- will different age groups be mixed or separated ?
- ask how much contact will your son or daughter will have with headline coaches or players
- checking with other parents about their experiences is the best way to find out about a camp
- weigh the cost of the camp versus your son's or daughter's skill level (elite camps will be more expensive, generally)
Scroll down the Boys Clinic and Girls Clinic pages to see all upcoming camps that may fit with your schedule. This is not a complete list and there are many more camps outside the Denver area and in other states.
APEX Parks & Rec Leagues and Camps
Online registration is now open, and I am sure a lot of your families will receive the brochure in the mail as well. I am including the link for each of the age groups for the league here, as well as the links for each of our summer camps. If you wouldn’t mind sharing this information with your club and encouraging them to continue playing through the summer, I would greatly appreciate it. There seems to be a trend of lacrosse numbers dwindling in several local high school programs, and I would love to see that change and keep kids playing. Here are those links:
http://apexprd.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID=10307 (Summer League Ages 10-12)
http://apexprd.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID=10306 (Summer League Ages 13-14)
http://apexprd.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID=10195 (Summer Camp 1)
http://apexprd.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID=10218 (Summer Camp 2)
http://apexprd.maxgalaxy.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID=10228 (Summer Camp 3)
Each of these links will take parents directly to the MaxGalaxy registration, so it is super easy. The summer camps all have a few different options (all day, morning, or afternoon). I included the link for the all day option, but they can choose one of the others through MaxGalaxy as well. We can’t allow players to play down in age, but if there are younger players around 8 or 9 that are emotionally mature enough and skilled enough to handle playing up a little, we do allow those players to enroll.